"Hold They peace..."

The past 6 weeks of my life have been a string of miracles, all packaged in a bright neon sign of Divine Love.  I can scarcely belief how smoothly everything has gone and how carried we have been as we have jumped through the hoops to get from Idaho to Utah and to bring our baby into our arms.  We aren't quite ready to share all of the miracles yet, but for now, it's enough to say that He has covered everything

D&C 49: 27 "Behold, I will go before you (get everything ready in Utah) and be your rearward (finalize everything in Idaho); and I will be in your midst, and you shall not be confounded."

Some moments I allow fear to well up and threaten to swallow me.  There is so much that needs to be done in selling a home or buying a home or moving out of state or adopting...not to mention doing all of them in a narrow window of time.  Last week in a moment where my focus was fear and scarcity, my scripture study lead me to Exodus 14 where Moses parts the red sea:

 "Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the Lord, which he will shew to you to day...The Lord shall fight for you, and ye shall hold your peace" (verses 13 &14).

And He has.  We have seen it.

That same day in the scriptures, I was lead to this reminder here:

"But now hold your peace; study my word which hath gone forth among the children of men...until you have obtained all which I shall grant unto the children of men in this generation, and then shall all things be added thereto" (D&C 11:22).

It has felt backwards to spend time in the scriptures or other ways nourishing my spirit right now when there are so many tugs on my attention and physical needs to get me and my family from here to there.  He keeps reminding me that is the best use of my time.  Why fear when I am on the Lord's errand?  He has and will continue to provide for all our needs as we allow Him to guide our footsteps and surrender those areas out of our control.  He has performed miracles on our behalf and we are filled with gratitude!  As I have held my peace and allowed Him to be at the helm, those moments feel lighter and things fall right into place.  As I panic and try to take care of things, I am immediately left to my own strength and He allows me to take back all I surrendered previously.

We are excited to see things in the last stages of wrapping up and we are thrilled for the adventures awaiting us with all the new opportunities on the horizon.

Comments