The Doctrine of Christ

HERE is a powerful talk from the recent Women's broadcast about the Doctrine of Christ.  Carol M. Stephens spoke of the three ways the atonement covers us: "First, the Savior, the Master Healer, has the power to change our hearts and give us permanent relief from the sorrow caused by our own sin....Second, the Master Healer can comfort and strengthen us when we experience pain because of the unrighteous actions of others....Third, the Master Healer can comfort and sustain us as we experience painful “realities of mortality,” such as disaster, mental illness, disease, chronic pain, and death."


All of the meeting was astoundingly powerful, but her talk especially spoke to my heart.  I have learned the truthfulness of her message for myself and have personally experienced all three of these, all within a short window of time.  I too can testify of the Doctrine of Christ--- that He is the answer to whatever we may be struggling with in our own personal lives and that He seeks to lead us back into God's presence.

I reflect on the recent years of fiery trials and how tightly I felt stretched, but with hindsight I can see how glorious the refinement and how much God loves me to allow me these raw experiences. I regret how much I fought this process at the time and I am learning to do better with current or more recent challenges before me.  It was my husband's addiction that was the catalyst for me to begin to learn the first two Carol spoke of.  Before and after this time I also was stretched with continued miscarriages (a number 3 for me).  If you aren't new on this blog none of that will be new; however, the words to testify and articulate my experiences are here in Carol's words.

I stand as a witness that Jesus Christ is the answer.  I spent my time desperately searching for an answer everywhere else.  I had exhausted all of my resources.  Ironically, my "last resort," should have been the first place I turned.  Truly, Christ is the only way to find peace, strength, and healing.  Although He is the answer, it doesn't mean that our trials will always be resolved in ways they we want/ expected, or even resolved (go away) at all, for that matter.  It doesn't always mean that things will fall into place in the timeline we wanted or expected.  It doesn't mean that.  But what I have found to be true in my life is that Jesus Christ can strengthen me to bear up my burdens with ease.  That He can make my heart and my burdens light (and filled with LIGHT).  Sometimes He does break through barriers, but just because our difficulty isn't suddenly changed doesn't mean He isn't working in our lives.

I don't know what has brought you to this point in your life.  I don't know what is before you, but God does.  He has prepared a plan, the Great Plan of Happiness, and has orchestrated the details for it to work in your personal life and circumstances.  If you will allow it to.  It isn't a mistake that this is before you.  Lean into and hold tight to your Anchor.  I do know this: the first step is realizing the burden is bigger than me.  As I reach out for Heaven's help and invite God and Christ to be in the details, He will be there.  Even if I can't see it in the moment.

May God help us all to turn quickly.


Comments