What I was always meant to do...


Mark has been encouraging me to sit down and write for a few minutes all week.  I think he can tell that my mind is just exploding with excitement and big things.  Right now every day honestly feels like 100 days because there is so much to take in, experience, learn, and do.  And it feels like everything is happening so fast!

I spent a good month researching the most up-to-date information available on betrayal trauma for my book. It's been a heavy few months. How would you feel spending every spare minute researching topics related to one of the most rigorous experiences of your life?!  But God has been gracious to me and I have been carried to do it (and my family has been patient with me too).  I have been back to writing again this week---adding in the research, honing in tighter to a target audience of wives of sex addicts, and fine-tuning the message.  I am taking what I wrote before, but putting everything we talk about into a betrayal trauma context AND what Christ can do about it.  I am at the half-way point and will finish it all in the next week or two.  Thanks to a good friend, I have been put in contact with another interested publisher, so we will see if it goes through this time. It's amazing what I can get done if I don't clean my house or sleep! Ha! :)  Seriously though, the time has had to come from somewhere and there are certain places I am more willing to rob it from than others.

And because of everything that I have been exposed to in my research and all the big thinking happening in my mind because of it, I know clearly what I was always meant to do!  Kevin Skinner said this, "...there is growing evidence that trauma cannot be 'talked out' through traditional talk therapy" (from Treating Trauma from Sexual Betrayal, 177).  It's time for me to step up and support other women (and anybody else who wants to be included) to release and resolve the trauma.  Trauma is beyond the reach of words.  Being aware in't enough either.  It requires an experience.  

And so, I need to offer experiences for the releasing and resolving trauma: physically, mentally, and spiritually. 

I'm thankful for the past 2 1/2 years to live a slower-paced and purposeful life.  I think it was necessary for me to soak up the big changes and allow them to settle deeply into my heart and my mind.  So much shifted in a few short years!  I'm also grateful for the healing that has happened with my children because they have been given my focus. And I am thankful to understand more clearly and  between understanding more clearly and the past few years of a change-of-pace, I am able to come back with a passion, purpose, and drive I didn't have before I stepped away from working with others outside of my own home.

I will be setting my website back up soon.  Once it is up, I will have yoga classes available to purchase. I am back teaching yoga regularly live in-person and live-online and plan to continue every other week for now. Hypnobabies won't be coming back this time.  It's sad, I know.  Although pregnancy and birth are fascinating to me, my true passion for it came in the mind/body connection.  I want to focus on different ways to offer that.

My 2018 goals are to go through teacher training for Kundalini Yoga and become a certified yoga instructor (right now I have only been through a training to teach; however, it wasn't a program that certified me).   Technically that will spill over into 2019 to complete.

Also, with my RN license, I will go through QNRT training (Quantum Neurological Reset Therapy) and will start working with a light client load once I complete the training and certification process (probably June-ish). That covers the physical and mental healing.  As far as spiritual healing, I'm not entirely sure yet where I will be needed in that capacity.  As soon as I can secure a publisher for the book and rein in a few other projects, I would love to have speaking opportunities.  For now, I will continue to preach my guts out and testify of Christ with every breath!  For truly, He is the ultimate healer and experiences with Him can instantly change any trauma from the past.

I am so excited!!!  I am thrilled to be able to do something that I am passionate about at a pace that is comfortable for me and my family long-term.  I love that what I will be offering is something that literally changes the world by holding the space for one person at a time to heal.

I have "turned my light on" and I am calling you to join with me in coming to know Christ as your personal Savior. I am ready to engage with my entire heart in His work. I am ready to do my small part in changing this world! I am eager to help those around me become deeply rooted and well-grounded in Christ by releasing and resolving trauma and becoming aware of their bodies and minds. 

Comments