Level "0" YTT


I wanted to learn how to start my own daily personal yoga practice, but wasn't sure how. I had yoga DVD's I exercised along with and I regularly attended yoga classes, yet didn't know how to take it to the next step of doing yoga by myself and tailoring my practice to my individual needs.

6 years ago I made a decision that has only come back to me. My Kundalini yoga teacher, Nam Joti Kaur, announced she was offering a Level "0" Yoga Teacher Training program. Even though I wasn't sure if I would actually ever teach anybody yoga,:) I jumped in feet first and graduated with her very first round of "Jedis," as she called us.

I not only learned how to go deeper into my daily yoga practice, but Level 0 also propelled me forward in my personal healing journey. Additionally, it set me up to start sharing yoga with others. Believe it or not, I did decide to start teaching :) ...even while I was still in Level 0 training!

Since Nam Joti is now teaching Level 1 YTT's, she will be cheering me on as I take over Level 0 YTT and make it my own. I am re-working the curriculum because I'm realizing this REALLY needs to be MINE! I need to work in my strengths. Over the past 6 years of teaching yoga off and on, my students have given me the same consistent feedback. I'm finally listening and will build this entire course from these principles.

Jesus Christ is at the heart of why I do what I do. His Atonement and love have changed me. I need to teach teachers who can easily toggle back and forth between yoga philosophy and their Christian faith, so they can speak the "language" that their own students need (or whoever is in front of them).
I am teaching teachers who want to learn how to see others because they see themselves. Because I am so passionate about teaching in a way that my students take yoga off the mat and into daily living, this training will apply to our interactions as spouses, parents, neighbors and community members, and in our church congregations. This course will be a huge leap in learning to live "yoga." 

This training will give you the confidence to start teaching Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan, (whether you decide to actually teach or not). Although you will not be an officially certified yoga instructor after this training, I have personally taught in a therapist's office, out of my home, online, rented space in a dance studio, and taught at a kids gym with my Level 0 training. Some yoga studios may or may not allow you to teach, so you will just need to check case by case about their individual policies.

Even if you know up front that you aren't interested in teaching and want to understand more about yoga, this is the training for you!

Beginners are welcome!

I am a certified Level 1 instructor for Kundalini Yoga & Meditation as taught by Yogi Bhajan. I am also a certified Karma Kids Yoga instructor with additional training in yoga therapy for kids who have been through trauma; we will totally cover the highlights of teaching kids yoga in this course! I will be a certified Khalsa Way Pregnancy Yoga instructor January 2020; we will totally cover highlights of working with pregnant mammas in this course! I will also go to the Super Health Training in March too. It is specialty yoga training for addiction recovery; we will totally cover the highlights of working with those struggling with addiction in this training! We will stick to Kundalini yoga, yet I will also be drawing from my 200 hour Hatha YTT in our time together.

I have pre-recorded this program! Go to my school to check out the details! <3


Comments