Yoga Teacher Apprenticeship Group (LIVE Through Zoom)!

Yoga is becoming increasingly recognized for the powerful life-changing tool it always has been---not only in improving physical health, but also in supporting mental and emotional health (and spiritual health)! I believe after so many collective and personal crises this year, we are being invited to find what works for us. I also believe we need to be prepared to help pass those tools on to others within our circles of influence who are searching for them.
 
You are invited to consider joining this 50 hour Yoga Apprenticeship group starting next month. Are you wanting to begin or deepen a daily yoga practice both on and off the yoga mat? Are you interested in the possibility of also starting to share yoga with others (optional)? I am accepting individuals into this program who are interested in learning to easily toggle back and forth between yoga philosophy and Christianity. Please enroll if you are ready to consciously explore personal spiritual progression.
 

 

What are the dates for this group?

This 50-hour Yoga Teacher Apprenticeship group begins Saturday, January 2, and ends Saturday, May 22. 

We will meet every Saturday morning between those dates (except April 3) from 7:30-9:30 am MST. 

Additionally, we will also meet once a month on every 2nd Friday evening from 7:30-9:30 pm MST. 

We will meet live through Zoom. 

I'm also tentatively planning to hold a second group July-November-ish 2021.

What should I do if I have conflicts on any of those dates?

Good news!!! I'm automatically including free access to the pre-recorded version of this course with your enrollment! You will be able to catch any missed classes at a time that is convenient for you. BUT...since I won't be recording the live group sessions, you are going to want to make every effort possible to join the group live. Let me tell you why. As hard as I've tried to make the pre-record awesome, I've learned that it just simply isn't the same on either my students' end of receiving or my end of giving. When we are live, I can SEE YOU! Because I am watching for your facial expressions, body language, and listening for your breath and tone of voice, I have a better sense at being able to read "between the lines" as I teach you. We can go where you are ready to go. Plus, you can ask your questions real-time or I can find a different way to explain what we are discussing if needed. That means I can tailor the content to your needs and interests. As we move on our mats, again, I can see you, and so I can offer tailored suggestions to improve your experience on your mat. In a pre-record, I'm doing my best to lead the movement from my own body, which doesn't move exactly like all of my students' bodies! Plus, having spent almost 1000 hours as a yoga student myself, one of my favorite, favorite parts of any training has been the group interactions and long-lasting friendships established from the group dynamics. You will learn from EACH OTHER in this group! Again, I can't duplicate these powerful elements of being live in a pre-record. I just can't! 

 Double good news: I can guarantee the live and pre-record will be different, so you will get BOTH. That might be fun and helpful for you to have the content available from both angles. It's totally an option to join live AND watch the pre-record if you are interested.

What if I know right now I don't want to teach yoga to others or maybe I'm unsure at this point? ...Would this still be a good fit for me?

YES!!! This group will not only prepare you to teach (if you so desire), but also help you establish and/or go deeper in your own daily practice of yoga---both on and off the mat. 

Also, whether we desire to step into the teacher role on the yoga mat or not, we are all teachers in at least one area of our lives, right?...I believe a teacher can only lead from our own experiences, so why not go deeper so you can help lead those around you to go deeper too?

I am teaching teachers who can easily toggle back and forth between yoga philosophy and their Christian faith. I assist my students in learning the patterns that will help them speak the "language(s)" of their own students (Again, recognizing "student" = whoever is in front of them in the moment--even if it isn't during a yoga class). Jesus Christ is at the heart of why I do what I do. His Atonement and love have changed me. I believe He is there in the yoga philosophies, and finding Him here has only strengthen my testimony in Him. I love pointing Him out to my students from this unique angle.


I am teaching teachers who want to learn how to see others because they see themselves. Because I am so passionate about teaching yoga in ways that my students take yoga off the mat and into daily living, this training will apply to our interactions as spouses, parents, neighbors/community members, and in our church congregations. This course will be a huge leap in learning to live "yoga." 

This training will give you the confidence to start teaching Kundalini (totally optional as to whether you decide to actually teach). Although you will not be an officially certified yoga instructor after this 50 hour training, I personally taught: in a therapist's office, out of my home, online, rented space in a dance studio, and taught at a kids gym all with comparable training. Some yoga studios may or may not allow you to teach without going on for the full 200 hours of training by an accredited program, so you will just need to check case by case about their individual policies.

Even if you know up front that you aren't interested in teaching and want to understand more about yoga, this is the training for you!

 


 

What if I'm new or fairly new to this whole yoga thing? Can I still join?


Please do!!! Beginners are welcome! Having also taught students who already have an established yoga practice as well, this group is an invitation for each student to go deeper from wherever s/he currently is practicing.

 

What if I don't have a "yoga instructor body?"

This one is so sad to me to even address...yet it's one I hear regularly. This is totally a myth! (And maybe even a potent attempt from Satan and his little henchmen to keep us stuck). There is no such thing as a "yoga instructor body" ...at least not in the ways I teach yoga! Physical fitness is secondary to mental/emotional/spiritual well being for me as to why I personally step onto my yoga mat every day. My teaching style is also reflective of that. Yes, yoga does often build physical strength, stamina, and flexibility, but time on our yoga mat can also be a "workout" for inside of us, too. My job as your teacher is to help you find ways to adapt the movement to your needs. You are totally "allowed" to bend your knees! You can totally do it in a chair! You can totally substitute one exercise for a comparable shape or movement that works for you! You can totally rest whenever your body calls for it! AnyBODY can do yoga as we learn to listen to our body. On that note, please consult with your health care provider about joining this group if you have limitations, past injuries, or any on-going illness or concerns. The rest, we get to play with together in this safe space.<3 I promise you belong. I promise you are good enough to share with your future students who are so very hungry for the tools you will share with them! And how cool that because of your experiences moving on your yoga mat with your awesome body, you will be the kind of teacher who helps your own students learn to listen to their bodies too!!!...that they will also be able to see that a yoga class is more than tight abs and a mindless workout. <3

Can you be more specific about what we will be learning?

We will be covering the foundational principals of living and teaching yoga in a Christ-centered way. Scroll down to the next heading for a list of the tentative course content.

In addition to being a certified Kundalini Yoga Instructor (KRI: 200 hour certified + anticipated 300 hour certified in 2021 YTT's) and a certified Hatha Yoga Instructor (Yoga Alliance: RYT-200), I am also a certified Karma Kids Yoga Instructor with additional training in yoga therapy for kids who have been through trauma. We will totally cover the highlights of teaching kids yoga in this course!!! I am a certified Khalsa Way Pregnancy Yoga Instructor; we will totally cover the highlights of working with pregnant mamma's in this course! I am also being trained in the Super Health. It is specialty yoga training for addiction recovery that blends yoga/meditation/diet with psychology; we will totally cover the highlights of addiction recovery in this training! We will also discuss how to set up our classroom environment, how to work with our students, and other principles to consider incorporating into our teaching so that we can offer yoga in ways that are more trauma-sensitive. 

Anticipated Course Content:


1. Overview of Kundalini Yoga; Foundational Principles of Christian Yoga
2. Yoga Life Style
3. Ten Bodies Kriya + Laya Yoga
4. Sadhana
5. Breath, Prana, & Grace
6. Kriya for New Lungs & Circulation + Divine Shield
7. Science of Naad (Mantras) & Power of Words
8. Asana (Poses/Postures/Science of Majesty)
9. Kriya to Strengthen Aura + Long Ek Ong Kars
10. Mudra (Finger/Hand/Arm Positioning) & Drishti (Eye Focus)
11. The Chakras
12. Kriay to Balance the Chakras + Kirtan Kriya
13. Kids Yoga Highlights
14. Learning Styles, Transformational Language, Inclusive Language, Trauma-Sensitive Yoga
15. Kids Yoga Demo Classes
16. Buidling a Classroom, Class Structure, Creating a Class Series, & the Business of Yoga
17. Yamas & Niyamas; Aqurian Sutras
18. Aquarian Sadhana
19. Taking Yoga Off the Mat
20. Stages of Spiritual Development
21. Kriya for Elevation + Meditation to Heal a Broken Heart
22. Polarity of Men & Women
23. Pregnancy Yoga Highlights
24. Naad Meditation for Honest Communication + Venus Kriya to Remove Grudges (likely will need something else for the live group where my hubby helped me record this one for the pre-recorded version).
25. Meditation
26. Addiction Recovery Highlights
27. Prep for the Lungs, Magnetic Field, & Deep Meditation
28. Dharma; Conscious Spiritual Development
29. Practicums (YOU teach!!!) <3
30. Foundation for Infinity Kriya + 10th Gate Meditation



What are My Payment Options?

The Early Bird Price of $895 is for paid-in-full enrollment by December 31, 2020.

Please talk to me about payments ($995). I recognize there are many facing economic challenges. Let's discuss trades if needed.

How Can I Contact You With my Questions, or How Do I Enroll?

Please call/text me: 435-339-3274 or e-mail me: willis.katy@gmail.com. I'd love to get to know you where we will be spending so much time together and help make sure this group will be the right fit for you.

I can't wait to help guide you to have your own experience of conscious faith {body, mind, & soul}!

I love you!

~Katy/Siri Dharma 

XOXO

Comments