When Life Doesn't Go as Planned...

 

 
I accepted the super hard and super amazing invitation to guest post on Ally's blog called Silently Surviving Souls (post HERE). She asked me to write about trusting in God to fulfill His promises, and specifically, how that has looked for me through high-risk pregnancies, miscarriages, and failed adoptions. Whew...! Talk about a challenge!!! 
 
It was tough for me to sit down and write about our journey in adding to our family from start to finish in a single post. I've never done that before, and we have been through sooooo much over the years! I've also intentionally kept the details and experiences with our most recent pregnancy mostly to myself. I'm glad I did decide to write this though because I was surprised by the healing it brought to me. It gave me a more areal view of my life than I've previously had. Writing about each individual experience from the trenches as they were still unfolding was completely different.
 
I share so very vulnerably these things that are raw and tender...part of me doesn't want to open up like this in "public," yet it's my hope that in my courage to share, at least one person will be able to look at their own life, situation, or circumstances with fresh perspective. 
 
And how can I NOT share, literally having witnessed countless miracles attesting to God's goodness?!!! I am so very far from perfect, yet as I've trusted God and tried my best allowed Him to lead me, this area of my life has become a breathtaking masterpiece. 

Comments